1. If cooking fresh chicken grill or roast it until the juices run clear or reaches a minimum core temp of 65c.
2. If making fresh croutons cut bread into 1cm squares and drizzle with olive oil and toast or bake until crispy and golden brown.
3. Chop and wash the lettuce and shake to remove excess water and place in a large bowl.
4. Crush the garlic and anchovies to a fine paste and add to the mayonnaise in a small bowl.
5. Add the lemon juice, grated parmesan and salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Add croutons to lettuce along with the dressing and mix well.
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Serves: 2 people
1 medium cos lettuce (or 2 little gems)
A handful of croutons or 2 thick slices of bread
A drizzle of olive oil
Some parmesan shavings
1 garlic clove
4 tbls mayonnaise
25g grated parmesan
2 anchovy fillets
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Salt (if using) and pepper