1. Rub the chicken breasts with the Cajun spices (if you can the night before).
2. In a saucepan heat 1 tbls olive oil over a medium heat and add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Pre-heat the grill to high.
3. Add the red pepper, garlic and quinoa and fry for a further 1 minutes.
4. Pour in the cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 14 minutes until all the water has gone and the quinoa is soft (or follow the instructions on the packet).
5. Grill the chicken for approx 8 minutes on each side until cooked through, reserving any cooking juices.
6. Add the sweet corn, lemon zest and juice, coriander and the other 1 tbls of olive oil to the quinoa and stir well, add pepper and check the seasoning.
7. Add the chicken and serve.
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
Serves: 2 people
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 red pepper (diced)
100g frozen sweet corn (defrosted)
1 red onion (diced)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 small bunch coriander (chopped)
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp Cajun spice
2 tbls olive oil
Salt and pepper
We have also used quinoa in the Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe