1. Chop the shallots into a fine dice and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt, the lime zest and juice.
2. Mince the garlic finely and add.
3. Chop the chili and add.
4. Add the olive oil, vinegar, thyme and pepper and mix well.
5. Using about third of this mix, marinate the prawns in a covered bowl in the fridge for at least an hour, ideally overnight.
6. Just before cooking the prawns, add the water and chopped coriander to the remaining marinade. This will be your sauce.
7. Knock off any excess marinade and put 5 prawns on each skewer. BBQ or grill on a high heat for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until the prawns feel firm to the touch.
8. Serve and spoon over plenty of the sauce.
Preparation Time: 1hrs 15mins
Cook Time: 6mins
Serves: 4 people
20 raw king prawns
4 shallots or 2 small onions
Zest and juice of 3 limes
2 garlic cloves
¼ - 1 chili depending on type and heat wanted
A splash of white wine vinegar
A splash of olive oil
A small bunch of coriander
A handful of thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
Equipment / Utensils
4 wooden skewers (soaked in water for an hour)
Preparation time has allowed for an hour marinating, although if you have time marinate for as long as possible, up to 12 hours.