1. Slice the chorizo and fry in a medium sized saucepan with the olive oil over a high heat until it starts to colour.
2. Chop and add the onions and reduce to a low heat.
3. Crush the garlic and add both the garlic and thyme when the onions start to soften.
4. Add the tomatoes, butter beans and water and increase the heat to high.
5. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve up.
Preparation Time: 5mins
Cook Time: 10mins
Serves: 2 people
4 cloves garlic
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
1 x 400g tin butter beans
Thyme (2 sprigs)
A splash of olive oil
This recipe is enough for two people for dinner, double the quantities so you have enough for two portions of Chorizo and Butter Bean Soup the next day.