1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 428°F / gas mark 7.
2. Wash, peel and cut up the beetroot into wedges.
3. Place on an oven tray with some olive oil, salt, pepper and roast, turning once, for about 35 minutes or until soft and starting to caramelise.
4. Wash the salad leaves and shake off the excess water.
5. In a small jam jar mix the lemon juice with the olive oil (it should be about 1part juice to 4 parts oil)
6. Divide the goats cheese onto the bread and grill for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
7. Arrange beetroot and leaves on a plate, drizzle with the well shaken dressing (you might not need all of it) and top with the goats’ cheese toasts.