1. Cut the courgettes lengthways into quarters.
2. Slice the aubergine into rounds about the thickness of your little finger.
3. Remove the tops and roots of the spring onions.
4. Remove the top and seeds from the peppers and cut into 6 – 8 pieces.
5. Remove tomatoes from the vine or take off tops.
6. Finely crush the garlic and chop the basil.
7. Place all the vegetables in a large bowl and add a good splash of olive oil, the basil, garlic and salt and pepper.
8. Mix well and leave to marinade for at least 10 minutes and could be done the night before.
9. Preheat the grill to maximum.
10. Spread out the vegetables on a tray and grill until they start to brown. Turn and grill the other side.
Preparation Time: 20mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Serves: 2 to 4 people
6 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
a handful of cherry tomatoes
1 small bunch of basil
splash of olive oil
salt (if using) and pepper