1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 / 200°C / 400°F, and place the sweet potatoes into the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until soft.
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
3. Place a dash of olive oil in a cold frying pan and place the fish skin side down, place on a medium heat until you start to hear a sizzle. Reduce the heat a little.
4. The idea is to cook the fish almost all the way through on the skin side. To do this you will need to hear a gentle sizzle all the way through cooking.
5. As it cooks you will see the fish changing colour and when it gets ¾ of the way through (about 8 minutes - depending on thickness) turn the fish over and cook for a further minute.
6. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 3 minutes. Drain.
7. Slice the cooked sweet potato and serve.
Preparation Time: 2mins to 3mins
Cook Time: 50mins
Serves: 2 people
2 boneless hake steaks with the skin left on (you can use any large fish steaks)
3 sweet potatoes
1 head of broccoli (trimmed into florets)
Salt and pepper