1. Cut the pork belly into 8 chunky pieces.
2. Fry over a medium heat in a large saucepan (with a lid) skin side down until golden brown, then turn over.
3. Cut the chorizo into finger thick rounds and add to the saucepan a fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the whole ham hock.
5. Chop the onions, garlic and carrots and add.
6. Strain and rinse the beans and add along with the tomatoes, herbs and pepper.
7. Simmer on a low heat for 90 mins or until the meat starts to fall off the hock.
8. Serve with crusty bread.
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 1hrs 30mins
Serves: 8 people
500g pork belly, bones removed
1 chorizo (about 150g)
1 ham hock (smoked or un-smoked)
6 cloves garlic
2x 400g tins haricot beans
1x 400g tin tomatoes
2 bay leaves