1. Peel and boil potatoes for 20 mins or until soft.
2. Drain and mash with the margarine, allow to cool.
3. Put the potato into a large bowl.
4. Grate the onion and add along with the flour, salt and pepper.
5. Mix well and divide into quarters.
6. On a lightly floured surface roll into balls and flatten to make a burger shape.
7. Place a frying pan on a medium heat add a splash of oil and fry the the potato cakes for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown, turn over and repeat on the other side. You may need to add a little more oil.
8. Serve hot with a little margerine.
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 10mins
Serves : 2 to 4 units
50g margarine or butter * (check notes)
60g plain flour plus some for dusting
1 small onion
Salt and pepper
10ml vegetable oil for frying
* use dairy free margarine to make this recipe suitable for a dairy-free, lactose-free, lacto vegetarian and vegan diets.