1. Place the prawns in a wide bottomed saucepan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes. Take off the heat and allow to cool in the liquid.
2. Finely dice the shallots, green pepper, chili and mince the garlic.
3. In a small saucepan boil the vinegar and sugar until it becomes a thick syrup.
4. Whilst it is still hot add the vegetables and thyme to the vinegar reduction and stir well. Season with black pepper and set aside.
5. Peel and slice the avocado and mango and remove the prawns from the cooking liquid.
6. Arrange in a bowl, spoon over the vegetable salsa and drizzle with olive oil.
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 10mins
Serves: 4 people
20 raw king prawns
2 ripe avocadoes
1 ripe mango
3 shallots or 1 onion
1 green pepper
¼ - 1 chili depending on type and heat wanted
1 clove garlic
1 tbls thyme leaves
50ml cider vinegar
1 tbls demerara sugar *(check notes)
Sea salt and pepper
* remove the 1 tbls demerara sugar for this dish to be suitable for the paleo diet.