1. If the mushrooms are fairly small then you can leave them whole, otherwise halve or quarter them. Chop the onion and garlic.
2. Heat a frying pan or wok until hot, add a good splash of oil and add the mushrooms. ‘Jump’ once.
3. It is good to cook the mushrooms on a high heat occasionally ‘jumping’. You may also need to add a little more oil if the pan looks dry.
4. Once the mushrooms start taking on a nice colour reduce the heat and add the onions, garlic and butter. Jump a few times and cook for a few minutes until the onion softens but do not brown.
5. Add a splash of soy and the parsley and serve hot on fresh toast.